Resources A New Resource by Revive: Un-covered Why the “Missing Domino” Matters So Much Listen to this episode on the go through our podcast. Takeaways End of year COVID-19 updates America is once again breaking the record for the highest number of COVID-19 cases within the last nine months. People think the vaccine is a…
End of year COVID-19 updates
- America is once again breaking the record for the highest number of COVID-19 cases within the last nine months.
- People think the vaccine is a “silver bullet,” and therefore, are beginning to relax more knowing it is coming, but it’s not the “silver” bullet, according to Sean.
- Some people reach a point where they care less about their own safety than they do about just not having to deal with it anymore.
- The Mask Up campaign lead by Cleveland Clinic has partnered with over 125 health systems to reinforce the civic responsibility that everybody should be masking up and social distancing.
- There is no “national plan,” and every state is left to figure out a game plan, creating conflicting guidelines for consumers.
Why Marketing Governance Is Valuable
- The idea of marketing governance is an active experiment – but has had a ton of value for our system in the last three years.
- There are questions about who needs to weigh in on things, and that’s what marketing governance is built to do. Because the last thing you want to do is issue a new marketing campaign, unleash a new communication strategy, or change an entire website infrastructure, and have key leaders ask why they weren’t consulted or informed.
- The idea is to take the organization’s key leaders and put them in a room together once a month to discuss key marketing initiatives to get buy-in, guidance, and inform them of the upcoming activities for them to support.
- The meetings are productive, and at a minimum, it allows everyone to be informed and aware of what’s going on in the marketing and communications world.
The challenges of marketing governance during COVID-19
- COVID-19 became the number one priority for everyone, which meant the first few meeting during the pandemic’s start went on pause
- Eventually, this group could come back together and validate and approve a brand new internal communication effort for managers across the health system.