With Ryan Donohue, Corporate Director of Program Development, NRC Health Resources from today’s episode Patient No Longer: Why Healthcare Must Deliver the Care Experience That Consumers Want and Expect (Ache Management) Through the Patient’s Eyes: Understanding and Promoting Patient-Centered Care Chilling trend: A longer, deadlier pandemic Takeaways Delivering the care patients expect “Through the Patient’s…
With Ryan Donohue, Corporate Director of Program Development, NRC Health
Resources from today’s episode
Delivering the care patients expect
- “Through the Patient’s Eyes,” set the stage for a new, patient-centric paradigm in healthcare in 1993, and now “Patient No Longer” takes it a step further, challenging the healthcare world to look at patients as consumers.
- COVID-19 accelerated digital adoption and virtual care, expediting the consumerization of healthcare.
- The following language shifts can influence how we perceive and deliver patient care. They encourage us to increase outreach before, during, and after care.
- Positioning → Brand
- Patient Experience → Consumer Experience
Where digital efforts should fit in
- Many surveys report a high percentage of respondents who oppose COVID-19 vaccination. NRC Health found in their recent study more optimistic findings — only 14% of respondents saying they will not get the vaccine.
- Why the results are different: NRC Health offered a middle ground, “I’m going to wait and see,” which captured 25% of respondents.
- It’s important to design survey questions for neutrality and factor in the way people think, act, and feel.