Resources in today’s episode The Era of “No Normal” Five Core Issues for Providers Post-COVID-19 Takeaways The “No Normal” We don’t know what normal looks like. There will undoubtedly be profound changes in our society. We’re still in the midst of this, and it will take months or even years for the healthcare industry to…
Resources in today’s episode
The “No Normal”
- We don’t know what normal looks like.
- There will undoubtedly be profound changes in our society.
- We’re still in the midst of this, and it will take months or even years for the healthcare industry to feel like things are starting to normalize.
- To recover from the financial strain, we have to learn to live and thrive through this uncertainty.
- That’s why we created this podcast.
Five principles for success
- Make no assumptions.
- We can’t assume what we did in the past will work moving forward.
- Market research has a short shelf life (2-4 weeks).
- We’ve seen considerable shifts in just three months of surveying for clients.
- We’re living in a fluid environment.
- The industry will continue to change as we navigate through multiple waves of COVID-19, the seasonal flu, and the economic unrest we’re experiencing.
- We’re going to experience a fluid environment from now into 2021 or possibly even 2022.
- The market has essentially been on a sugar high, but now we are looking at even more layoffs in July when the CARES Act runs out.
- We have to be in a mindset of constant learning.
- Our decision-making process needs to be faster and feedback loops need to tighten.
- We have to be agile enough to learn through the waves of COVID-19.
- Let’s make decisions and adjust our course as we go.
- The old way of research and committees will leave you behind.
- There will be massive ripples – this isn’t just about COVID-19.
- We must be ready for the significant changes COVID-19 will bring on.
- There’s been ten years of societal and digital advances in just a few months.
- We have to be comfortable in chaos.
- There’s an opportunity in this chaos to restructure the healthcare system around the consumer instead of the physician.
Five issues for providers in COVID-19 (download the full report here.)
- Maintaining a safe environment.
- Virtual care.
- Working capital solutions.
- The idea of physician-hospital integration.
- Reexamining scale.