Vice President, Project Management (Department Lead)
Location: Nashville, TN
Department: Project Management
Years’ Experience: 10-15 years
Reports to: Chief Administrative Officer
Revive is seeking a strong Vice President of Project Management to lead our team of project managers. Have you mastered the agency process? Are you passionate about building and maintaining processes within a collaborative and diverse creative environment? Do you thrive in an environment of quick turns and heavy volumes of work? Then read on for more details!
We are the home for all top talent who share our purpose and values. We’re honored to be consistently named a best place to work, both locally and nationally, and we strive to live up to that title. Our growth as an agency, our reputation, and our work will be fueled by a foundation of diversity and inclusion that is reflected in our staff and the amazing work we do each day.
At Revive, diversity, equity, and inclusion are strategic imperatives and moral obligations. The strength and resonance of our work depend on a deep understanding of real people of all races, gender identities, sexual identities, and cultural backgrounds, and we have a moral and business responsibility to elevate these diverse experiences in everything we do.
Our focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion is central to cultivating a culture of personal and professional growth that lets us do brilliant and relevant work for our clients. We seek to grow always in our understanding and addressing issues of injustice that affect marginalized people. Together and individually, we work to make Revive an inclusive environment where equality is expected, where respect is the cost of entry for all, and brave conversations make us — and our work — stronger. We are lifelong learners, recognizing that the work of DEI is never complete and that leaning into hard things inspires growth and greatness for ourselves and for our clients.
Includes, but not limited to the following:
- Manage, mentor and progress the project management team, overseeing their work and performance in an in-person as well as remote environment
- Constantly and consistently identify, implement and socialize the most effective processes, tools and systems to keep the department current with project management processes
- Collaborate with department heads and agency leadership to create achievable and measurable project plans that include regular status reporting
- Identify areas of improvement in project management and work to improve them
- Oversee execution, workflow and resourcing of projects
- Lead and develop comprehensive resource models and risk mitigation plans in collaboration with agency leadership and discipline leads
- Actively manage and build rapport with executive clients
- Identify and pursue opportunities to foster cross-training to help build a strong foundation for the team
- Serve as program manager for high-visibility project
Success Looks Like
- You attended the daily check-in and have a good grasp of what the team’s key priorities are for their accounts and the work moving through the agency
- You led and facilitated an engaging department meeting with your team and addressed exactly what they needed to feel supported in their projects
- You sent a shout-out to a team that overcame some significant obstacles and delivered for a client
- You met with one of the account teams about a time recording issue, which is impacting the account’s project burn and agency’s revenue potential
- You met with Finance to review client health and billing – proactively identifying some issues that needed to be ironed out.
- You had lunch with someone on the team and mentored them on the development of their skill set
- You attended the all staff presentation on our strategy and asked some really astute questions that helped us translate how it affects project management
- You collaborated with the client experience and resourcing leads on account staffing on and made informed decisions about PM staffing for a new client, taking into context the team’s capacity, skillsets and match with the account lead.
- You met with a senior project manager and listened to their challenges in navigating a direct report’s lack of accountability, helping her formulate on her own the best course of action.
- You brought some new thinking and process recommendations to increase visibility and operational efficiency to the primary stakeholders who interact with the agency’s project management tools
- 10+ years of experience in project management at an ad agency, design firm and/or marketing-related firm
- Proven success as a project management leader within an advertising agency environment
- Extensive and effective experience in handling diverse creative projects and collaborating with large scale agency and client teams
- Experience working across multiple forms of media to include print, video, POS, experience design, web content, mobile and social
- Possess an in depth understanding of project management, workflow, infrastructure, project life cycles and management methodologies and styles.
- Expert knowledge of project management tools such as Asana, Mavenlink, Excel, Worksome, Adobe, Ziflow, etc.
- Accomplished and proven history of managing small to large size programs and departments
- Ability to build relationships with clients at an executive level
- Ability to see the big picture while also focusing on the details
- Excellent people and relationship-building skills, ability to function as both a member and leader of the team, and the ability to develop a strong and trustworthy relationship with all internal and external teammates
- Excellent problem-solving and decision-making skills, and ability to maintain a balanced and positive attitude in stressful situations
- A sense of humor and a penchant for making work fun
Revive is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Revive recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at email@example.com This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.